Vegan Lentil Tacos – Mmm, mmm, good. These are always a crowd pleaser in my house and they are very easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup green or brown lentils (rinsed)
- 1-2 tablespoons organic chili powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 ½ cups water or vegetable broth
- 12 organic, stone ground corn taco shells
- Heat the oil in a large pan like a dutch oven or a soup pot.
- Saute’ the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the lentils and the chili powder and stir everything together, coating the lentils with the chili powder
- Add the water/vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Follow instructions on taco shells and heat oven appropriately.
- Heat the taco shells and have them ready to go once the lentils are done.
- Stuff the shells with filling and toppings and enjoy!
Tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce, avocado, green onions, raw sauerkraut (delicious- adds a tart, crunchy, cheesy taste).