Does this sound like you?
- You have pain and aching all over your body, that cannot be explained by illness or another pain condition.
- You’re exhausted all the time.
- Sleep? What sleep? You lie awake wishing you could fall asleep at night, OR, you sleep restlessly and waking up feeling unrested.
- Your head hurts more often than not.
- You suffer from brain fog- you can’t focus or concentrate, it’s troublesome finding words when speaking…
- You feel depressed.
Did you know?
You are not alone.
- Approximately one in 50 Americans has fibromyalgia (as of 2004, based on stats from American College of Rheumatology.)
- Between 80-90% of those diagnosed with fibromyalgia are women. (Fibromyalgia Fact Sheet. Womenshealth.gov. Retrieved from http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/fibromyalgia.html#c)
- Adults with fibromyalgia are 3.4 times more likely to suffer from major depression than adults without fibromyalgia (CDC, 2009).
- Fibromyalgia is the 2nd most common ailment of the musculoskeletal system after osteoarthritis. (American College of Rheumatology, 2004).
- More than 50% of people with fibromyalgia suffer from constant headaches or migraines (Fibromyalgia Symptoms.org, 2008).
The good news…
Acupuncture can help you.
In a randomized control trial, acupuncture was added to the usual standard of care treatment, which included exercise regimen and pain medications. The control group received the normal standard of care, and the study group received acupuncture plus the normal standard of care. After three months of treatment, the acupuncture group reported a significant decrease in pain and increase in quality of life, compared to the control group.(Targino, R., Imamura, M., Kaziyama, H., Souza, L., Hsing, W., Furlan, A.… Neto, R. (2008) A Randomized Controlled Trial of Acupuncture Added to Usual Treatment for Fibromyalgia. J Rehabil 40, 582-588.)
In clinic, I have seen extraordinary changes in my fibromyalgia patients. Within 6-8 visits, they report that the pain has significantly decreased, their ability to think and concentrate has returned, their mood is better, they are sleeping soundly, and they are able to return to their regular activities of daily living.
“Wow! Wow! That is how I feel after getting acupuncture with Julie. I was feeling very draggy and in pain with my fibromyalgia. After hearing about the results you could get from acupuncture I thought I would give it a try. I did my research and Julie came highly recommended. In our first visit, I found that she was skilled and knowledgeable. Not once have I ever left feeling that she had not taken the time to listen to me and make sure I got the results I was hoping for. Thank you, Julie, for helping me each day to feel better and be able to be active again.” ~Lou O. Cunningham
This could be you as well. Don’t suffer another day. There is hope! Call today to get started! (919) 753.1523